Learning Skills Therapy
Learning Skills Therapy and Enrichment
By focusing on the entire spectrum of learning, individual areas will improve as the whole improves.
We not only zone-in on each client’s difficulty areas, but also enrich the cognitive skills necessary for achievement in school and life beyond school.
Reading and Writing Skills
- Ability to read text comfortably and comprehend easily as the eyes move across each word and sentence.
- Consistently increasing vocabulary so that more words are recognizable, therefore increasing faster comprehension.
- Assistance and practice in brainstorming in order to have a basis for which to write.
- Organizing thoughts in a logical way for producing coherent written responses.
- Vocabulary enhancement and stimulation activities and methods.
Organization and Planning Skills
- Activities and processes to help improve concentration and organization skills.
Memory Skills and Retrieval Strategies
- Activities that increase retrieval ability when listening in order to execute proper verbal responses.
- Practicing useful techniques to use during reading in order to comprehend and respond appropriately after reading a text.
Study Skills Training and Development
- Learning the importance of organizing time and belongings and how that relates to overall success.
- Setting expectations that prompt clients to become and stay organized.